BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All is great over here

Hey Yall!!!All is great over here in La Isla Del Encanto, this week has been great, we have a new baptism coming up!! He is a guy that came to church one sunday, so we arranged a time to meet with him. We taught him the Restoration and we gave him a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet and a movie to watch. After the lesson we asked him if he would give the closing prayer and ask if these things are true. He did and he said after that we felt something inside of him, like a feeling or something. We told him it was the Holy Ghost bearing witness to him of these things. Yesterday we called him to see how he was doing, he is doing wonderful! He read the pamphlet, watched the movie, and is continueing to read the Book of Mormon. He told us that we wants to be baptised and that it is all true, he said, "I know my date is for the 20th, but i will be baptised whenever you think im prepared, but i know this is true and i want to be baptised." We are so excited for him, he will be a great member. All we have to do now is teach him everything. So, thats what has been going on here. It is still like 90 something degrees like everyday. But the night gets down to a ice cold 75 degrees, wow thats freezing! My companion and i are going to buy a small christmas tree today. Getting into the holiday spirit! I was just thinking the other day that i am going to be missing mom's fudge this year:( Maybe yall can send me some, ha ha. Oh and can you check out sending me the new Principles of the Gospel book. I really want it. No did not get the package, maybe it is just extremly slow or it's lost. That is crazy that Kim is getting married! I guess it is about that time for everyone to get married huh. District Leader has turned out to be pretty fun, i am in charge of district meetings and calling the sister missionaries every night to see their progress and help them be successful missionaries, then i report the progress of my district (My companion and I, and the sisters) to the zone leaders and they give me counsel on my district. It is fun though. And i am a lot busier! Wow, that is sweet for Boise State, tell me if they win or not. I have pretty much everything i need here, our fridge is stuffed full of food from members. My companion and i get along really well, i has been so much fun, he has been teaching me a lot about music and how to read it, and he is way good at the guitar by the way. Brandon Bailey would think he was funny. Oh and ask Grandpa M if he knows someone named, Phoebe N Hemmelwright, its my comps great grandma, she was born in Beaver, Utah in 1916. She died a while back but maybe he knows her. That would be really crazy. I am so excited for Jordan he will do so great. Preach My Gospel is everything! Read it, study it, live it. ha ha. I love you all so much! Have fun in the cold and snow, i will always be here in the heat and rain. Keep the letters and stuff coming!-Elder Bailey

0 comments: